Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - Body of Chaos by Nicolette Beebe

 Thank you so much Nicolette Beebe for sending me this ARC!

Title: Body of Chaos
Author: Nicolette Beebe
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Eliza Kingdom (book #1) 
Pages: 344

Synopsis:


Ripley has been locked away for twenty-one years within her mother’s windowless tower, afraid of what the world would do with her unpredictable magic. That is, until Fletcher breaches its walls and offers her a choice. 

Stay where her magic can be tamed or… venture to a kingdom in hopes to fix it for good.

But, she soon realizes that Fletcher’s help comes with a steeper price than she may be able to pay. She must trust her untried intuition or die in the process.


Review & thoughts:


Body of Chaos is the first book in a Dark Fantasy Romance series and a retelling of Rapunzel. I’ve just finished reading it and I’m in shock because OMG that ending! I NEED the next book now!

This book was definitely NOT what I was expecting and it surprised me in such a good way. I really liked the world building, it was a mix of a fantasy world and a modern one and the author mixed them in a really unique and interesting way, I would love to know even more about it and hope we will explore more of this world in the next books. 

The main character, Ripley, seemed a bit childish in the beginning despite being 21 years old, but she grew so much and I really loved her at the end of the book and can’t wait to read more about her. I also enjoyed the romance, Ripley and Fletcher were amazing together and I can’t wait to see where the author takes them in the next book. 

This book was fast paced, there was so much happening that I was constantly on the edge of my seat and there was honestly not a single boring moment, but that cliffhanger was brutal! 

Body of Chaos is a really great Dark Fantasy Romance & Rapunzel retelling. I usually prefer big books, but this one was such a fun and quick read, I’m definitely going to reread it soon and I can’t wait for the sequel.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...