Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - Crown of Blood and Stars by Dana LeeAnn

 Thank you so much Dana LeeAnn for sending me this ARC!

Title: Crown of Blood and Stars
Author: Dana LeeAnn
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Starling (book #1) 
Pages: 256

Synopsis:

Guardian of the stars, slayer of the wicked, and commander of internal darkness…

Adeena Devna finds herself the lone survivor of Astrari after a massacre was orchestrated by King Demir, fae ruler of Tartarus. Abducted by the Royal Guard, Adeena is brought to King Demir as a potential human bride. An attack within the castle leaves the king dead at the hands of Adeena. Her escape from the kingdom is unexpectedly aided by Dreyden, the formidable yet handsome High Lord of Fire Court.

Ancient gold stars mark Adeena’s skin, a rare genetic mutation passed through villagers of Astrari. The dormant stars ignite as guarded feelings for Dreyden combust into blazing passion. A connection from Dreyden’s past steps forward with critical information regarding Adeena’s ancestors.

Wicked trouble brews in the night sky as Adeena explores her destiny. All fingers point to the newly crowned king of Tartarus, Erebus. Adeena and Dreyden must return to Tartarus to fulfill a prophecy of the stars and stop King Erebus or risk losing the Gods forever, allowing eternal night to take reign.


Review & thoughts:


Crown of Blood and Stars is the first book in a NA Fantasy Romance series and the author’s debut book. I got this ARC yesterday and read it in a couple of hours, I couldn’t put it down.

Our FMC, Adeena, is the only survivor of the Fae attack on her village. After killing the cruel Fae king responsible for the murder of her family, she flees the castle with a mysterious Dreyden who turns out to be the High Lord of the Fire Court. Adeena must work with the handsome and cunning High Lord to figure out what she is and what the star-shaped marks on her body mean, but the more time she spends with Dreyden the more she finds herself at risk of losing her heart. 

I really liked the plot and world building in this book, it was fascinating and gave me a bit of ACOTAR vibes which I loved. I don’t want to spoil anything, but when I got to the part where we learn what Adeena is, I thought it was a very unique and interesting idea and I’m excited to see it explored more in the sequel. I would have loved it if the book was a bit longer, at times I had a feeling a lot was happening very fast. Because of that, there wasn’t as much character development as I hoped for and the relationship between the main characters felt a little rushed. But I really liked all the characters and loved the romance which had most of my favorite tropes (fated mates, only one bed, touch her and die), I can’t wait to read more about Adeena and Dreyden in the next books, they were amazing together. 

Crown of Blood and Stars is a really good debut novel and a quick and enjoyable read. If you like Fantasy Romance books, you should definitely give this one a try, I enjoyed it and will definitely read more from this author in the future.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...