Thursday, May 18, 2023

ARC Review - The Throne of Broken Gods by Amber Nicole

 Thank you so much Amber Nicole for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Throne of Broken Gods
Author: Amber Nicole
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Gods & Monsters (book #2) 
Pages: 865

Synopsis:

”Then, Samkiel, you will know this is how the world ends.”

But it was not this world. No, it was mine.

It was Dianna.

The world quakes in fear as the last shred of Dianna’s humanity is ripped from her. As it should. Grief consumes Dianna, burning away any semblance of good within her and threatening the budding relationship between her and Liam. Now, Liam must pull her back from the brink of complete damnation before time runs out.


Review & thoughts:


The Throne of Broken Gods is a Fantasy Romance, a second book in the Gods & Monsters series and it must be one of the best books I’ve ever read! I thought I loved Book of Azrael but wow, this sequel is even better, I absolutely loved it and am obsessed with this series!

After the heartbreaking ending of book 1, we find Dianna on her quest for vengeance and Liam/Samkiel trying his hardest to keep peace on Onuna and get her back. My heart was breaking for Dianna and everything she lost and went through, but I must say I loved this new version of her, she was such a badass and strong heroine, she is now definitely one of my favorite bookish female leads. I loved Samkiel in Book of Azrael and I fell even more in love with him in this book, he was just a perfect partner for Dianna, I loved how supporting and understanding he was and how he fought for her even when she didn’t want him to. They have an amazing slow burn romance, I loved reading about every moment they spent together and I can say all the waiting paid off, especially in the second half of the book, with so many beautiful (and spicy!) moments between them. I already miss these two and can’t wait for the next book. 

I also loved all the new POVs, it was great to see what was happening from different perspective and they sometimes brought a bit of comedy relief (I love Cameron!). And I must say, even through there were only 2 chapters from his POV, they made Kaden an even more interesting and complicated villain, we learnt some things I didn’t expect and am dying to know more about. This is a long book (over 700 pages I think) but I can honestly say I wasn’t bored for a single moment, it was paced perfectly and had so many mind-blowing revelations, plot twists and betrayals I couldn’t put it down and read it in one day.

The Throne of Broken Gods is an incredible Fantasy Romance book and amazing continuation to Book of Azrael that made me completely obsessed with this series. I loved everything about it and already can’t wait to read the next book in this series, especially after that cliffhanger that had me literally screaming (not as bad as book 1, but I still need book 3 ASAP!). If you liked Book of Azrael you definitely don’t want to miss this sequel, and if you haven’t started this series yet, you definitely should because it’s freaking fantastic!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...