Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - The Hurricane Wars by Thea Guanzon

 A huge thank you to the amazing Yema from Harper Reach for sending me this stunning proof copy!

Title: The Hurricane Wars
Author: Thea Guanzon
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Hurricane Wars (book #1)
Pages: 480

Synopsis:


The heart is a battlefield. 

All Talasyn has ever known is the Hurricane Wars. Growing up an orphan in a nation under siege by the ruthless Night Emperor, Talasyn has found her family among the soldiers who fight for freedom. But she is hiding a deadly secret: light magic courses through her veins, a blazing power believed to have been wiped out years ago that can cut through the Night Empire's shadows. 

Prince Alaric, the emperor's only son and heir, has been forged into a weapon by his father. Tasked with obliterating any threats to the Night Empire's rule with the strength of his armies and mighty Shadow magic, Alaric has never been bested. That is until he sees Talasyn burning brightly on the battlefield with the magic that killed his grandfather, turned his father into a monster, and ignited the Hurricane Wars. In a clash of light and dark, their powers merge and create a force the likes of which has never been seen. 

Talasyn and Alaric both know this war can only end with them. But a greater threat is coming, and the strange new magic they can create together could be the only way to overcome it. Thrust into an uneasy alliance, they will confront the secrets at the heart of the war and find, in each other, a searing passion--one that could save their world...or destroy it. 


Review & thoughts:


The Hurricane Wars is a Fantasy Romance and I can’t believe it’s this author’s debut book, it’s so well written and just simply amazing, I already can’t wait for book 2! 

Let me begin by saying this was one of my most anticipated reads of this year, I had huge expectations for this book and OMG it was even better than I expected. I’m not going to say much about the plot because damn, it’s all so complicated and full of spoilers, but just let me say I absolutely loved it, there was so much politics, action, battle scenes, court drama and romance, all fitting together perfectly and in a way I wasn’t bored for a single second and couldn’t put the book down. The world building was so well written and fascinating, it took me a while to understand it but once I did, I had so much fun discovering. 

Our main characters are Talasyn and Alaric, enemies on opposite sides of the war, and they are both really strong, interesting and complicated characters, I loved everything about them. Their slow burn enemies to lovers romance was written perfectly with so much banter, angst and longing, I loved them together and can’t wait to see more of them in the sequel. 

This book also has so many of my favorite tropes and I’m sure you’re going to love it if you enjoy:
⚔️ fantasy romance
⚔️ true enemies to lovers
⚔️ morally grey characters
⚔️ arranged marriage
⚔️ slow burn
⚔️ forced proximity
⚔️ banter
⚔️ fascinating magic system
⚔️ dragons 
⚔️ plot twists

The Hurricane Wars is an incredible fantasy romance book that I absolutely loved and I’m dying to read the sequel. Definitely recommend it to everyone!

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...