Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - A Touch of Poison by Clare Sager

 Thank you so much Clare Sager for sending me this ARC!

Title: A Touch of Poison
Author: Clare Sager
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Shadows of the Tenebris Court (book #2)
Pages: N/A

Synopsis:

In Elfhame, bargains are currency, lies are weapons, and your heart is your greatest weakness. 

Reeling from Bastian’s revelations, Kat wakes from her dire illness wanting nothing more than to sever all ties with the man who betrayed her. But fate has a different plan—she’s trapped in Elfhame, the fae realm where nothing is as it seems. And worse, she’s trapped with him, reliant on his touch to stave off a poison that threatens her very life. 

Thrust into the centre of Dusk and Dawn Courts, they must balance the two in order to maintain a delicate peace. But in a world where alliances are forged and shattered in a heartbeat, danger looms. A mysterious group infiltrates the city and spies whisper of an ancient artefact powerful enough to destroy an entire court. 

As enemies close in from all sides and attacks on the city escalate, Kat and Bastian must unearth deadly secrets and their own complicated feelings to survive—or risk a war to destroy faekind itself.


Review & thoughts:


A Touch of Poison is an Adult Fantasy Romance and the second book in Shadows of the Tenebris Court series. I absolutely loved the first book, A Kiss of Iron, and had huge expectations for this sequel and now I must say it was even better than I expected, I loved it as much as book 1 if not more!

OMG the way I read this whole book in one night without stopping because I literally couldn’t take a break and had to know what happens next. A Touch of Poison starts a few days after everything that happened at the end of AKOI and I was hooked since the first page. We get more of everything I loved in the first book: more romance, more character development, more secrets and spying, more court intrigue and more mind-blowing plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the world building in AKOI and it’s also so fascinating here because this time we get to explore the Fae courts and I loved the idea of two cities overlapping each other with one monarch ruling during the day, and the other through the night. 

When it comes to Bastian and Kat… they were as perfect and incredible as in the first book but, after all the secrets and betrayals, to say their relationship was complicated in this book would be understatement. I don’t want to spoil anything, but let’s just say I loved the romance, these two are amazing together and we get all the groveling, angst, longing, sweet moments and spice I was hoping for, I love them so much and already can’t wait to see them again in the next book. We also got to see all my favorite characters from AKOI and so many familiar faces from Clare’s other books, I loved how they all came together and the found family trope was just *chef’s kiss*.

A Touch of Poison was a perfect sequel in this fantasy romance series, I loved everything about this book, the amazing characters, interesting plot, beautiful romance and after that cliffhanger I am dying to read book 3, it can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...