Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - The Wrong Wife by L. Steele

 Thank you so much L. Steele for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Wrong Wife
Author: L. Steele
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 388

Synopsis:

He’s my best friend’s brother.
My new boss.
And now my fake husband.

Knight Warren. The country’s most sought-after heartthrob, and retired military vet, is my complete opposite.
He's grumpy where I’m sunshine.
Surly where I’m... happy go lucky.
He’s the hardened ex-soldier.
I’m still trying to find my calling.
The only thing we have in common is that we both love his sister...
...who’s also my best friend.
So when she asks me to help Knight find a wife I can’t say no.
Turns out he'll inherit his father’s empire as long as...
... he gets married within the next month.

I agree to work as his assistant and interview the women who apply for the position.
But Knight hates every one of them.
With the deadline drawing close, he proposes I marry him.
In return, he’ll pay off my debts and take care of my mother’s medical treatment.

Only he has conditions-
I need to pretend I belong to him, be in a fake marriage with him,
... for an entire year!
But what happens when the chemistry between us ignites?
Forced to live under his roof I know I’m falling for him.
As the days pass I begin to think he reciprocates my feelings.
Until he introduces me to his real wife...


Review & thoughts:


The Wrong Wife is my second book from L. Steele and I loved it as much as The Rebound, they are both so good! I can’t wait to read more from this author because her books have everything I love: a beautiful, emotional romance, complex characters and interesting plot that captures my attention leaving me unable to stop reading.

After a tragic event, Knight returns home a changed man, thinking only about taking over his family’s company and distancing himself from his friends and family. The only person he can’t seem to get rid of is Penny, his sister’s best friend who keeps showing up in his life in the most unexpected situations. When circumstances force them to work together, Knight and Penny quickly realize their attraction to each other grows every day, but with their complicated pasts, they will both have to fight for their happy ending. 

I can’t describe how much I loved Knight and Penny’s relationship and romance, they are quintessential grumpy and sunshine and it was incredible to see them fall in love, despite their efforts not to. They had an amazing banter with Knight often being an asshole and Penny calling him out on it but I loved seeing them finally give in to their feelings, these two had such a sizzling tension since their first meeting and the spicy scenes were truly explosive, I just love them so much. I also liked how Knight’s trauma was described, after what he went through it wasn’t easy for him to return to everyday life and I loved how Penny was always there for him and wanted to support him. It was also amazing to see some characters from the previous book by this author, this one is a completely standalone novel, but I always love to see cameos from other couples.

The Wrong Wife is an amazing story, I fell in love with the characters and really hope to see them again in the next book from L. Steele which, from the short excerpt at the end, I think is going to be really great too! Rick and Gio’s story can’t come soon enough.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...