Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - Avalon Tower by C. N. Crawford and Alex Rivers

 Thank you so much The Nerd Fam for sending me this ARC!


Title: Avalon Tower
Author: C. N. Crawford and Alex Rivers
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Fey Academy for Spies (book #1)
Pages: 524

Synopsis:

Avalon Spy Academy rules: spy on the fey, resist falling for your mentor, and try not to die in the process. 

What I’m hoping for on my European vacation is to read books and drink champagne on the beach. Instead, I end up kidnapped by an arrogant, lethally sexy fey named Raphael. 

It turns out, I have a magic power needed to fight an evil fey king. Next thing I know, Raphael has enrolled me in an elite spy academy. There, in the ancient and gothic halls of Avalon Tower, snobbery and brutal competitions are among the oldest traditions.

Making my job harder, the silver-eyed Raphael is my mentor. Romance is forbidden here--a distracted spy is a dead spy. So I need to push his dangerous allure out of my mind as we travel into the Fey realm. If we get captured by the fey king, we’ll die horrific deaths–and humanity won’t stand a chance.


Review & thoughts:

Avalon Tower is the first book in a Fantasy Romance series with enemies to lovers, forbidden love, spy academy and so much action that I really enjoyed!

During her vacation in France, Nia definitely doesn’t expect to get involved with demi-Fey refugees escaping from Fey lands and see Raphael, her teenage crush, again. But when it turns out she has a unique ability to manipulate the veil separating the Fey lands from human ones, Nia is taken into Fey academy where she must learn how to use her powers and become a spy all the while trying not to lose her life and not to fall for Raphael, who is assigned to teach her, again. 

I really liked our main character, Nia. She was really strong and after having her whole life turned upside down, it was amazing to see how well she was dealing with everything in a very realistic and understandable way, she was a really great FMC. When it comes to Raphael, I didn’t really like his character in the beginning, but he quickly grew on me and I ended liking him too, he was the perfect match for Nia. I love a forbidden love trope and the author definitely delivered it here, I loved seeing the attraction and push and pull between Nia and Raphael, they had a slow burn enemies to lovers romance and I can’t wait to see them again in the next book and to see them find a way to be together. Aside from amazing character and romance, I also really liked the plot of Avalon Tower, it was so interesting and full of action, I couldn’t put the book down. 

Avalon Tower is a really great fantasy romance read that I definitely recommend to everyone who enjoys this genre, I can’t wait to read book 2!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...