Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - A Promise of Peridot by Kate Golden

 Thank you so much Penguin Random House International for sending me this ARC!


Title: A Promise of Peridot
Author: Kate Golden
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Sacred Stones Trilogy (book #2)
Pages: 482

Synopsis:

A prophecy of death. A weapon of hope. A sacrifice of love. 

Arwen Valondale is sailing for the mysterious Kingdom of Citrine after the battle of Siren's Bay. Reeling from shocking revelations and her newfound powers, Arwen directs all of her pain and rage toward the man who betrayed her: King Kane Ravenwood. 

Kane's presence is unavoidable as he travels with Arwen and her friends to seek the Blade of the Sun, a legendary weapon inextricably tied to her fate and the future of the realm. Even an uneasy truce proves difficult as Arwen fights against her unresolved feelings for Kane, who is willing to become darkness itself to protect her. 

As Arwen faces creatures, foes, and magic beyond her wildest imaginings, she must discover the secrets of her past to defeat the monstrous Fae king Lazarus. But finding the light within might mean the death of her and everyone she loves.


Review & thoughts:

A Promise of Peridot is the second book in a Fantasy Romance series by Kate Golden and OMG, I loved the first book but this one is a whole new level of amazing, I’m obsessed with this series and already can’t wait for book 3!

A Promise of Peridot begins shortly after the ending of book 1 and we see Arwen dealing with everything she learned while she journeys with Kane, her family and friends. I loved coming back to this amazing world and was again captivated since the first page, I read the whole book in one night because I couldn’t put it down. Arwen came a long way from who she was at the beginning of the first book and I loved seeing her character develop even more in this one, she goes through a lot and although she annoyed me a little sometimes, I really like her as the FMC. I loved Kane since the first time he appeared in this series and it was amazing to finally read his POV, it made me love him even more and I often had tears in my eyes when he was thinking about Arwen, his love for her was everything. I adored him and Arwen together, their romance is so beautiful and I was always rooting for them to overcome all the obstacles and just be together, I just love these two and already can’t wait to read about them again. There are also so many side characters I really liked, especially Mari, Griffin, Dagan, Fedrik, Ryder and Leigh, the found family they created was amazing. Now, when it comes to the plot, it was not always what I expected and I loved that we got to discover more of this fascinating world, the plot was perfectly paced and there were some plot twists that made me gasp out loud and don’t even get me started on that cliffhanger, I still can’t believe everything that happened. 

A Promise of Peridot is an incredible fantasy romance book and a great sequel to A Dawn of Onyx with amazing characters, beautiful romance and shocking plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. I absolutely loved it and if you think the cliffhanger in the first book was bad, you’re not ready for the one in this book, I’m still thinking about it and I NEED book 3 ASAP!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...