Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - Queens of Mist and Madness by Lisette Marshall

 Thank you so much Lisette Marshall for sending me this ARC!


Title: Queens of Mist and Madness
Author: Lisette Marshall
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Fae Isles (book #4)
Pages: 689

Synopsis:

"Fae wars don't end in surrender."

Emelin has finally found the bindings, the key to her victory. But to use them, she needs one last piece of the puzzle … and the only person who can give her that information is a stubbornly silent Thysandra.

And an uncooperative captive is the least of Em’s problems.

As the Mother prepares to strike, the magical world continues to squabble. Something ominous is plaguing Creon. And Em’s own newfound powers come with a dark side she did not expect, forcing her to decide just how much she’s willing to sacrifice for the fate of the world.

To find allies and gather the forces they need, Em and Creon have no choice but to face the shadows of their pasts. But when disastrous secrets are revealed and the Mother finally deals her devastating blow … will they still have a future?


Review & thoughts:

Queens of Mist and Madness is the fourth book in a Fantasy Romance series and the conclusion to Emelin and Creons story. To say I loved all books in this series would be an understatement, I’m obsessed with the books, the characters, the romance and honestly everything about them and I think QOMAM is my new favorite book in this series, I absolutely loved it! 

Queens of Mist and Madness picks up right where the previous book ended and if you’ve read it, you know the thing we’ve all been waiting for finally happened and OMG I loved reading those scenes, I was hooked since the very first page and finished the whole book in a day because I couldn’t put it down. There is so much action, clever politics, preparing for war in this book but also funny and moving moments with the amazing found family and so many beautiful (and spicy) scenes between Emelin and Creon and it was all in a perfect amount. I loved seeing all the characters again and we also got to see some familiar faces that I’ve been waiting to see since book 1 and honestly, this book was everything I’ve been hoping for and more. 

One of this series’s strongest points is the character development and I love it, both Emelin and Creon have come so far from who they were at the beginning of book 1 and it was amazing to see them here, Emelin is even stronger and capable of making difficult decisions and Creon opens up more to her and accepts all of his powers. I love these two as the main characters and when it comes to romance… I can’t even find words how much I love their romance and relationship, I have always loved how much they both support each other and can talk everything out, honestly, one they start communicating, they can figure out everything and it was amazing to see it also here, Creon was, in Em’s words, an idiot at times but their conversations and support of each other made their relationship stronger than ever. Ahh I just love these two so much, they are so perfect for each other and I already miss them, they are definitely one of my favorite bookish couples and I really hope we will get to see them again soon. 

Queens of Mist and Madness is a perfect conclusion to Em and Creon’s story, I loved everything about it and if you enjoy fantasy romance books and haven’t started this series yet, what are you waiting for? It’s absolutely amazing and I already can’t wait for more books from this author.

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...