Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - Love Notes and Lifelines by Avery Maxwell

 Thank you so much @rick_283 for sending me this ARC!


Title: Love Notes and Lifelines
Author: Avery Maxwell
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Single Dad Hotline (book #1)
Pages: 459

Synopsis:

The job was simple. Always answer the phone—no exceptions—then solve the caller’s catastrophe as efficiently as possible.

The rules were simpler. They contact you, not the other way around. Never give them your real name, number, or any personal information not required to help a newly single dad keep his head above water.

And never, ever get involved with a caller.

Simple, right?

Becker Hayes was not who I was expecting to call during my shift with the Single Dad Hotline. He’s my boss’s boss. In the boardroom he’s rich, powerful, detached. In my calendar he’s the enigmatic one-time kiss I was never supposed to see again. But on the other end of the phone, he’s vulnerable and reeling from becoming guardian to his young nieces.

I’m not thinking straight when I offer him a little help off the books. Not when my mother’s illness is winning the battle and I’d give anything for a distraction from the loneliness.

So when the Single Dad Hotline blows up my life, what’s a girl to do but say yes to everything he’s offering?


Review & thoughts:

Love Notes & Lifelines by Avery Maxwell is a beautiful story with single dad x nanny romance and an amazing found family that I absolutely loved! 

Working in an office after unknowingly kissing your boss might be awkward, but Stella doesn’t have a choice since she needs the money to care for her mother. But when Beck becomes a guardian to his young nieces and has no idea how to take care of children, Stella helps him both in the office as his employee and on Single Dad Hotline as Jane, the helper he can always count on. With two small girls, an accident-prone dog, moving to a small town and faking an engagement, Stella and Beck can’t ignore their growing feelings for each other, but with their complicated pasts, they need to find a way to trust and open up to each other first. 

I loved this book so much I don’t even know how to write this review. Stella and Beck had my heart since they first appeared and I absolutely loved reading their story, they were both so strong after everything they went through in the past and my heart was breaking for them at times. Emmy and Ruby, the little girls Beck and Stella suddenly found themselves taking care of, were so adorable and I loved the beautiful family they all made, all their scenes together were amazing to read and made me cry at times. Beck and Stella had a crazy chemistry I could feel since page one but their romance was definitely a slow burn one and I loved how they slowly began to open up, trust and support each other, they were absolutely perfect together and OMG their conversations and sweet moments made me tear up a few times and when they finally got together the spice was everything. I also liked how the book was focused on family, nobody was perfect but the way Stella, Beck, Emmy, Ruby and all their friends made one big found family was beautiful and I loved them all. 

Love Notes & Lifelines was a truly incredible story about family, love, grief and had so many of my favorite tropes, I absolutely loved it and already can’t wait for the next book in this series of standalones.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...