Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Dawn of the Cursed Queen by Amber V. Nicole

Thank you so much Rose & Star Publishing for sending me this ARC!

Title: Dawn of the Cursed Queen
Author: Amber V. Nicole
Genre: Dark Fantasy Romance
Series: Gods & Monsters
Pages: 581

Synopsis:

Ask her, boy. Ask her what she begged the stars for and what lives now. Ask her what she ripped from the very heavens. And then ask her if she cares. The old blood runs through her veins.
Nismera and her legions rule the realms as Samkiel’s power fills the sky. With him gone, she strives to solidify her spot on the throne, no matter the cost.

Dianna struggles beneath the weight of half-truths, lies, and deceptions. After overcoming what she thought was her hardest battle, she soon learns she is at risk of losing everything.

Samkiel strives to heal, but he has more on his plate than ever before. The Hand is dismantled, the realms are in turmoil, and the one person he can trust keeps him at arm’s length. Can the two work out their differences, or will they both fall to the blade of the Goddess of War?

The one true king returns, but is it the king or queen who shall rule them all?


Review & thoughts:

The Dawn of the Cursed Queen is the third book in a Dark Fantasy Romance series with a fascinating world building, interesting plot, amazing characters and beautiful enemies to lovers romance, I absolutely love this book and the whole series!

OMG I don’t know how Amber does it but this series gets better and better with each book and I’m still as obsessed with it (if not more) as I was when I started reading Book of Azrael 2 years ago. After THAT ending of book 2, I couldn’t get my hands on book 3 soon enough and it was even better than I expected, I loved seeing all my favorite characters again and we get to meet some new ones that I also really liked. The stakes are higher than ever and this book was full of crazy plot twists, betrayals and secrets that kept me on the edge of my seat and had me finishing this book in less than a day, I couldn’t put it down. The plot was perfectly paced with a lot of action but also all the beautiful, sometimes cute sometimes angry scenes with our main characters. To say I missed Dianna and Samkiel would be an understatement, I loved seeing them again and OMG I loved them so much in this book, they have come such a long way from how their relationship started in the first book and it was amazing to see a different aspect of their relationship here, I don’t want to spoil anything so I will just say I loved all of their scenes together and already can’t wait to see them again in book 4 because in a true Amber fashion I got to the last page of the book desperate to read just a few pages (or a couple hundred) more, I can’t wait to see what she has in store for these characters next. 

The Dawn of the Cursed Queen was a perfect third installment in this amazing dark fantasy romance series, I absolutely love this series and book 4 can’t come soon enough! Definitely recommend these books to everyone who enjoys this genre, trust me, you don’t want to miss them, and if you’ve read the first two books I just know you’re going to love this next part of Dianna and Samkiel’s story as much as I did.

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...