Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Bespelled by Laura Thalassa

Thank you so much Bloom Books for sending me this ARC!

Title: Bespelled
Author: Laura Thalassa
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Bewitched #2
Pages: 544

Synopsis:

“Neither magic, nor time, can keep us apart. We are like the stars. Eternal.”

No one told witch Selene Bowers having a soul mate would be so difficult. Nor did they warn her that he might be a vengeful, ancient sorcerer who would frame her for murder, force her to remember a past life he swears she lived, and then coerce her into an unbreakable marriage pact. But that’s exactly what happens the night of the Samhain Ball, when Selene finds herself in a jail cell.

After waking from enchanted sleep, Memnon swore to discover why Selene betrayed him long ago. But when his soul mate’s memories return, the truth reveals something else entirely. Horrified by his own actions and desperate to make amends, Memnon offers Selene the unthinkable: a magic bond that will give her full control over his will. And Selene is desperate enough to accept it.

But other enemies still haunt Henbane Coven, Selene’s magical academy, and they’ve taken a keen interest in her. If she wants to stop them, she’ll need Memnon’s help. But partnering with the sorcerer is a tricky business, especially when he’s dead set on winning her heart. And that can’t happen…because the bond controlling him will break the moment she falls in love with him.


Review & thoughts:

Bespelled is the second book in a Fantasy Romance series from Laura Thalassa and after Bewitched was one of my favorite reads of last year I had really high expectations and OMG it was even better than I expected, I absolutely loved it!

It’s no secret Laura is one of my favorite fantasy romance authors, I’ve read and loved all of her books and Bewitched and Bespelled are definitely one of my favorites. The world building and magic system are really interesting, the plot is perfectly paced with so many plot twists and action but also beautiful scenes between our main characters, the characters are well written and the romance is everything. Selene is a really great FMC and although she annoyed me a few times, I liked how far she came from who she was at the beginning of book 1 and her character developed so much in this book, I can’t wait to see her in book 3. Memnon is still the morally grey vengeful king we all fell for in the first book, but I loved seeing this new side of him here, there was a lot of groveling and I loved how devoted he was to Selene, she was his everything and it was amazing how he always showed it to her. I absolutely loved Selene and Memnon together, despite their complicated past and present they somehow managed to build a new relationship and I lived for all their moments together, the banter, the confessions, the spicy scenes, I just love them so much, they are definitely one of my favorite bookish couples and I already can’t wait for the next book in this series to see them again. 

Bespelled is the perfect sequel to Bewitched, I love these books and already can’t wait for the next one. I definitely recommend this series to everyone and if you’ve already read and enjoyed Bewitched, I just know you’re going to love Bespelled too, it was amazing!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...