Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Prelude to Us by Jacqueline Darling

Thank you so much @rom_jo for sending me this ARC!

Title: Prelude to Us
Author: Jacqueline Darling
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Belmont Manor Billionaires
Pages: 514

Synopsis:

The woman he now has...is going to be hard to keep.

ROMAN
Roman’s life—and his future—have always belonged to the Belmont Trust. 

Until Isabel moved into his heart, his home and his life.

But the empire’s demands are brutal, and there’s no easy escape from those rules and obligations.

He has a plan that might work, if Isabel is willing to make a sacrifice.

And if his own growing possessiveness doesn’t drive her away… 

ISABEL
All she wanted was a steady job, and enough money to pay the bills. 

She got all that, but fell in love with Roman too. And nothing about that is easy. 

Business is his life, and the family empire seems designed to grind her soul to dust. 

Now Roman is hell-bent on banishing her ex-boyfriend and dancing partner from her life.

And then there’s that mysterious “complication” hanging over their heads.

And strong as her love for Roman is, there are limits to what Isabel can accept…
 


Review & thoughts:

Prelude to Us is the second book in the Belmont Manor Billionaires series by Jacqueline Darling and the conclusion to Isabel and Roman’s story. I loved the first book and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one and it was even better than I expected, I laughed, I cried, I swooned and I already can’t wait for the next books in this series. 

Prelude to Us starts right where the previous book ended on that cliffhanger and I immediately got sucked in Isabel and Roman’s story again. These two are absolutely incredible and perfect for each other and it was amazing to see them fight for their love despite the very different lives they are living. Roman is the perfect book boyfriend, the way he was constantly thinking about Isabel, wanting to give her everything and trying to find a way for them to be together was beautiful and I loved him even more in this book. Isabel came a long way from who she was at the beginning of book 1 and I really enjoyed her character here. While this book is mostly focused on romance and I loved all Isabel and Roman’s scenes together, I also really liked all the secondary characters, Emily, Meg, Sophie and even Byron, Henry and Steven were amazing and I can’t wait to read more about them in the next books in this series. 

Prelude to Us is a really great romance book and the perfect conclusion to Isabel and Roman’s story, I loved it and definitely recommend it to everyone and already can’t wait for Meg and Byron’s story!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...